While original in style, there is a familiarity about Lande’s voice that takes you back in time to some of your favorite female vocalists. The title track, “Stealing Flowers” tells the story of a young girl who sees only the beauty in life, symbolizing the innocence of childhood. “Breathe” combines sultry vocals with slide cello harmonics for a unique sound that will lead your mind through a musical journey. “Fossils” message is to live today and features psychedelic duetting guitar lines. “Your Eyes,” where grunge meets The Beatles, is about conflict and resolution. “Syncopated Life Blues” has a sixties rock feel built to get you on your feet. In all, the collection of songs center around fun beats, dreamy vocals, and eclectic musical styles meant to expand the listener’s mind while keeping them guessing.
Lande brings in some of Central Oregon’s finest musicians to SquirrelsNest Studio, where she records. Set high up in the trees, windows offer soothing views, inviting creativity, and cedar ceilings bring warm tones. Strong baselines and psychedelic leads are the end product, a commonality throughout. Her debut album, Stealing Flowers, feature spacious songs, strung together by swirling guitar, violin and cello lines. The listener is guided along a journey, while lost in thought. Her second album, Waiting for Nancy, is high energy, adventure, flirting in and out of edgy 80’s girl rock, punk, and 60’s psychedelia.
- Musicians: Stealing Flowers album – Rich Hurdle, Jeff Ingraham, Noah Walden, Katherine Hilst, Julie Southwell. Waiting for Nancy album – Eric Leadbetter, Pat Pearshall, Dylan Bernal, Laura Fieberg, (Tommy Gibbons, Shadow in the Moonlight)
- Engineering: Clay Smith, Brock Grenfell, (Tommy Gibbons, Shadow in the Moonlight)
- Photography/Video: Gary Calicott, Barb Gonzales, Kirk Hoover, Luke Menasco,
- Website: ModX and Laurel Brauns
- Graphic Design: Carlos Perez, Chip Fieberg
And to all the friends, family and fans who support and encourage me to follow my heart.